Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finally bagged my white whale

The 4:00 EST $8.80 tournament on PokerStars has been my personal white whale tournament. No matter how close I came to cashing, it slipped away from me. I once was two away from the cashing and found myself with TT. Not wanting to limp into the money, I moved all-in only to have the big blind call with Ace Jack and, well, you know the rest.

But today the white whale was bagged. I finished 14th out of 1107 in the tournament. I can't tell you how happy I am about finally doing well in this event and what a relief it is. It was a pretty good afternoon as I finished in 17th in a tournament at Doyle's Room. I am impressed with the new software they are using and it seems that there are more players there now.

$8 NLHE MTT July 9 2008 finished 14th won $66 43cents

No comments: