Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Bodog Freeroll plus rebuys + add-ons

Last night I played in a tournament on Bodog with an unique format. Bodog runs a $1K guarantee free-roll with rebuys and add-ons. Five thousand players entered with only 99 spots being paid. Like most rebuy tourneys, this one had a lot of loose, aggressive play early on. Doubled up early w AQ v KK and an ace on the flop. Won a big pot when my gutshot hit on the river after I called a small bet on the turn planning on stealing. After doubling up again with a set, i was in a good position to play selectively. I didn't get a ton of cards througout the tourney. I was only dealt KK once and do not remember being dealt aces. A few big hands that kept me alive coming down the bubble stretch were: 99 v AQ which hit a set on the river but the AQ was unimproved until then, KTs which turned into a straight on the river and 33 all-in preflop, which was held up vs A4s and another caller who was pushed out of the pot when two diamonds hit the flop. But the 33 held up unimproved.

I missed a big chance to more than double up when I had a slightly above average stack later in tourney. I was dealt 86 in the bb but folded to a raise and a call from two monster stacks. Unfortunately, there were two eights on the flop and they both ended up all in. The pot was won with a pair.

Even though it didn't pay much, I was really happy with a finish of 54th.

Chipper Jones is killing the ball for the Braves. Hopefully he will stay hot and the Braves pitching will improve down the stretch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: